NASHUA, NH, May 20th, 2015 – Velocity Performance, a leading provider of business consulting & professional training services, has partnered with Mike Lynch, Athletics & Fundraising Consultant and Former Boston University Athletic Director.
Mike Lynch stated, “I am thrilled to join the Velocity Performance team. With my experience working in Division 1 athletics administration and consulting with several top athletics programs, it was a natural fit to join with the Victory Academy team. It will be very exciting to see where the program goes from here.”
Lynch has held several significant positions in fundraising and intercollegiate athletics over a twenty-year career in higher education. Most recently, Lynch served for fourteen years with distinction at Boston University as Director of Athletics and Assistant Vice President of Development for Athletics & Student Life. Under Lynch’s leadership at BU, the athletic department witnessed tremendous growth, including, but not limited to, the following feats:
- Completed $300 Million in New Campus & Renovated Facility Construction
- Expanded Endowment Funding for Scholarship & Leadership Programming
- Developing One of the Most Dominant Women’s Sports Programs in the Country
- Transitioned Conferences from America East to Patriot League
- Received the Conference All-Sports Trophy as Most Successful Program 8 Times
- Won a National Championship in Men’s Ice Hockey, 2009
Currently, Lynch serves as President & CEO of ML Consulting offering services to college athletic departments and nonprofit organizations & agencies to strengthen operations in development, capital projects and overall efficiency. He also teaches in the Northeastern University Sports Leadership Program.
As a consultant, Lynch pulls from his experience at Boston University, as well as his roles at several other institutions and organizations:
- University of Miami, Director of Athletic Development & Assistant Athletic Director
- NCAA Division 1 Men’s Ice Hockey Rules Committee, Member
- America East Executive Committee, Chairman
- Hockey East Executive Committee, Chairman
- Milwaukee Brewers, Professional Baseball Player
- Boston Red Sox, Professional Baseball Player
Amanda E. Rogers, Associate Partner at Velocity Performance and Executive Director for the Victory Academy, said, “We are honored to have the experience & wisdom of a NCAA championship winning athletic director like Mike Lynch on our team. Our goal is to provide the greatest value to our college clients as possible and propel them toward their maximum potential. With Mike here to work closely with us, we will be able to offer even more value to our participants.”
The Victory Academy programs are an extension of Velocity’s Leadership Academy offering built for executives, professionals and emerging leaders in companies large and small, from the Fortune 100 to Inc. 500 businesses. The Victory Academy works with college academic and athletic programs to develop leadership traits and professional skills, and ultimately maximize the potential of the participants.
About Velocity Performance
Velocity Performance is a leading provider of business consulting & professional training services to high-performing sales forces, leaders, individuals and organizations around the globe. Velocity Performance professionals specialize in strategic & business planning, sales & marketing optimization, and leadership transformation. Training services include sales & leadership training and business coaching.
Contact: Amanda E Rogers | 603.402.1734 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the official press release.